[News] Microsoft Booster/Apologist Gives Coverage to GNU/Linux on the Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Booster/Apologist Gives Coverage to GNU/Linux on the Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:48:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Business technologies to watch in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| People looking for traditional desktop
| operating systems can choose between Windows 7
| and Ubuntu 9.10 today.
|
| Towards the end of the year users will be able
| to use cloud-based operating systems such as
| Google Chrome OS, or Linux, Symbian and
| Windows Mobile on a variety of devices.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2010/01/06/239830/business-technologies-to-watch-in-2010.htm

Whose Platform is it, Anyway?

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember how youâre not supposed to ask for
| something unless you really want it? I
| predicted, a few short years ago, that we
| would cease to bind ourselves to a particular
| platform or operating system. Now that the
| future is here, Iâm looking to it with a tinge
| of trepidation. Iâm not sure that Iâm ready
| for whatâs to come: a world without local
| operating systems. And one where everything is
| virtual. Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Solaris, HP-
| UX, AIX and will cease to have any
| significance to the end user. The end user
| will only see services or applications but not
| operating systems. For the end user, the
| operating system will not exist.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7661/

Recent:

Linux on the desktop: itâs so good itâs boring

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/linux-on-the-desktop-its-so-good-its-boring/