[News] Linux Flies Augmented-reality Gaming, Powers Plug

  • Subject: [News] Linux Flies Augmented-reality Gaming, Powers Plug
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:32:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

AR.Drone: Sky-high future for augmented-reality gaming

,----[ Quote ]
| It's certainly a clever beast. The four-bladed
| "quadricopter" uses an onboard Linux-based
| computer to process information from its
| cameras, accelerometers and gyroscope to
| ensure level flight, while direction and speed
| are controlled by tilting an iPhone, iPod
| Touch or any other device with a camera,
| screen and wi-fi connectivity.
`----

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-01/07/ardrone-sky-high-future-for-augmented-reality-gaming.aspx

Marvell's Linux Computer in a Wall Wart Seeks Killer Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| This blog post starts with a strange question:
| What would you have if you stuffed a wall wart
| with a 32-bit Linux computer complete with
| wired and wireless Ethernet, Bluetooth, one
| USB port, and an optional hard drive? The
| simple answer is youâd have a âPlug Computer.â
`----

http://www.edn.com/blog/980000298/post/1910051791.html

Recent:

iPhone Controlled âParrotâ Drone Is Cooler Than Its Name Suggests, Uses Apple Toy for Navigation

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been let down by my fair share of
| remote-control flying toys in the past, but
| the Avatar-chic, iPhone-controlled, Linux-
| based, Wi-Fi-ready, augmented reality-
| enhanced, dual video camera-wielding Parrotâ
| well, you get the picture.
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/01/iphone-controlled-parrot-drone-is-cooler-than-its-name-suggests/

Consumer Electronics Show: 3D TVs, bendy eReaders and touch tablets wow crowds

,----[ Quote ]
| AUGMENTED REALITY DRONE
|
| A flying UFO-like device that can be
| controlled by an iPhone using WiFi. The
| quadricopter has two cameras that can stream
| video.
|
| It was created by Parrot, a global leader in
| wireless devices for mobile phones. The
| company will make the software open source
| so programmers can create augmented reality
| games for the drone.
`----

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1241000/Consumer-Electronics-Show-3D-TV-bendy-eReaders-touch-tablets-wow-crowds.html

Flying Quadricopter Drone Controlled by an iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The quadricopter is controlled by
| accelerometers and an embedded Linux
| platform originally designed for mobile
| phones, according to Parrot. The open-source
| platform is being made available to software
| developers at CES, the company said. In
| unveiling the AR.Drone, Parrot said that
| software for controlling the copter would be
| available on a number of platforms, not just
| the iPhone and iPod Touch.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010610-flying-quadricopter-drone-controlled-by.html?hpg1=bn

Marvell Plug Computer 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of our readers will remember the tiny
| Linux PC, the Marvell SheevaPlug that we
| featured on the site last year, Marvell has
| added a new tiny PC their range with the
| launch of the Marvell Plug Computer 3.0.
`----

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/marvell-plug-computer-30-05-01-2010/

Kodak Easyshare Wireless Picture Frame - How to show everyone whats on your frame

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently purchased a Kodak Easyshare
| Wireless Digital Picture Frame off woot for
| an amazing price of $49.99. Infact, I bought
| two. The model number is W820, which is an 8â
| frame, but there is also a 10 inch version as
| well. These picture frames have built in WiFi
| and can grab content off the internet.
`----

http://seattlewireless.net/~casey/?p=13

Marvell launches Armada fleet

,----[ Quote ]
| "At Canonical, we have been enormously impressed
| with what Marvell's Armada 510-based systems can
| do when running a desktop-class operating system
| like Ubuntu," said Chris Kenyon, vice president of
| OEM services at Canonical.
|
| "The ARM ecosystem is using Armada 510 because of
| its outstanding display resolution, performance,
| hardware multimedia and large memory support. We
| believe users will love where this takes Ubuntu in
| terms of quality, price, and range of device
| availability."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1559105/marvell-launches-armada-fleet

Marvell expands range of ARM SoCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Marvell has announced four processor families --
| Armada 100, Armada 500, Armada 600, and Armada
| 1000 -- based on ARM cores. Touted as "a top to
| bottom solution for mobile computing and
| intelligent devices," the SoCs offer single or
| dual cores with clock speeds from 400MHz to
| 1.2GHz, the company says.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Marvell-Armada-100-500-600-and-1000/?kc=rss

Related:

Marvell Announces Support for UMPC Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.huliq.com/19308/marvell-announces-support-for-umpc-platform