[News] GENIVI Makes Cars More Linux Dependent, Korenix Makes Hermetic Linux PC

  • Subject: [News] GENIVI Makes Cars More Linux Dependent, Korenix Makes Hermetic Linux PC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 10:24:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CES: Visteon makes the connected car a reality

,----[ Quote ]
| The GENIVI alliance, of which Visteon is a
| part, aims to provide a standard Linux
| automotive infotainment platform, so
| developers can easily build for multiple
| cars. Visteon showed off a GENIVI system
| running off an Intel ARM processor, and
| powering four different LCDs, an instrument
| cluster, navigation, and two rear seat
| monitors, simultaneously.
`----

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10429238-269.html

JetBox 3300 series Compact Embedded Linux Computers with Isolated Serial
Ports & -40~80oC for Front-End Controller Applications!

,----[ Quote ]
| Korenix Unveils JetBox 3300 series Compact
| Embedded Linux Computers with DIO, Isolated
| Serial Ports and -40~80oC wide operating
| temp. for Front-End Controller Applications
| in Severe Industrial Environments!
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11823.html

Recent:

GENIVI Alliance Strengthens Presence in Japanese Automotive Industry

,----[ Quote ]
| Since its founding in March 2009, GENIVI has
| grown from eight founding members, including
| BMW Group, Delphi, GM, Intel, Magneti
| Marelli, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Visteon, and
| Wind River, to more than 40 members and
| continues to drive automotive and consumer
| electronics connectivity, multimedia and
| performance capabilities through open
| source adoption.
`----

http://newsblaze.com/story/2009111709000200001.pnw/topstory.html

vApus for Open Source: Creating a virtualized stress test

,----[ Quote ]
| Thus began the process of creating vApus For
| Open Source, or vApus FOS, as we like to call
| it in the lab.
`----

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=656

Video: Open Source for Car Infotainment