[News] Mozilla Claims Firefox Enjoyed 40% Growth in 2009

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Claims Firefox Enjoyed 40% Growth in 2009
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 10:42:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

40% Firefox Growth in 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| 2009 wraps up another year of terrific
| Firefox growth! Roughly keeping pace with
| previous years, Firefox grew 40%
| worldwide. Two regions in particular
| continued adopting Firefox at a breakneck
| pace â South America (64%) and Asia (73%).
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/metrics/2010/01/08/40-firefox-growth-in-2009/

Firefox extension I'm loving: It's All Text!

,----[ Quote ]
| This add-on allows you to edit text from
| any "textarea" on a Web page in an
| external editor. Once it's installed, you
| can configure the extension to use
| whatever your favorite editor happens to
| be. In my case Vim (GVIM, in this case),
| but you could also use Gedit, Kate, or any
| other editor that you prefer.
`----

http://www.dissociatedpress.net/2010/01/08/firefox-extension-im-loving-its-all-text/

Become a Firefox Test Pilot

,----[ Quote ]
| Want to help the Mozilla Project produce
| the best Firefox possible, but have no
| developer skills at all? Can you point?
| Click? Read instructions? Then youâre
| ready to suit up as a Firefox Test Pilot.
| Crashes not required.
|
| If youâve ever felt like you want to give
| back to the Firefox project, or if you
| feel like Firefox needs improvement, the
| Test Pilot project is the the easiest way
| to provide useful feedback to Mozilla and
| put those browsing hours to work.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7664/1.html

Is Firefoxâs position vulnerable in 2010?

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last few years, Firefox has been
| the alternative browser of choice. But
| could it be running out of steam, wonders
| Simon Brewâ
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/619297/is-firefox-s-position-vulnerable-in-2010

Recent:

Firefox 3.6 finally hits the release candidate phase

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/01/06/firefox-3-6-finally-gets-a-release-candidate/