[News] Free/Open Source Projects Spread Further, More Code Made Free

  • Subject: [News] Free/Open Source Projects Spread Further, More Code Made Free
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:13:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OrangeHRM â 300,000 Downloads and Countingâ

,----[ Quote ]
| OrangeHRM, The worldâs leading Open Source
| HR Management solutions provider hit a new
| milestone. The company said today that it
| went past 300,000 downloads of its
| application.
`----

http://www.prurgent.com/2010-01-07/pressrelease71867.htm

Intelestream Extends Free Trial for intelecrm, the On Demand CRM Application for Small and Medium Businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Intelestream, Inc., the leader in open
| source CRM consulting and developers of
| intelecrmâ, the award winning online small
| business CRM solution, today announced the
| company has extended the fully functional
| free trial of intelecrm from 30 days to 60
| days. Customers must mention promo code
| 60extCRM to qualify for the extended trial.
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/203748

I Run 13 Browsers At Once; 11 of Them Just Went Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| FluidApp is what's called a Single Site
| Browser and is a great way to pull key
| websites you use throughout the day out of
| your primary browser and onto your Mac
| dashboard as standalone applications. It's
| super easy for anyone to use. The service
| has a thriving community of users - I have
| 10 Fluid browsers running on my computer
| right now and wouldn't want to work without
| them. In fact, I'm writing this blog post
| from Movable Type inside a Fluid Browser.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/fluid_open_source.php

Tool King rebuilds its e-commerce site on an open source platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software has freely available
| source code that is open for development by
| a broad community of developers.
`----

http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=33086

HIE deploys open-source interoperability software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fierceemr.com/story/n-calif-hie-deploys-open-source-interoperability-software/2010-01-07