[News] What Makes Java So Successful

What Java EE 6 Offers the Enterprise and Integration

,----[ Quote ]
| Sharples: The big selling point of Java has
| been always choice. Because it's an open
| specification driven by an open process (the
| JCP) and because there's a very active Open
| Source Java ecosystem - there's choice at
| every level. If you are a developer - there's
| a choice of technology frameworks - there is
| no single vendor dictating how you should
| build your applications and what technologies
| and APIs you should use. But at the end of the
| day - it's all Java and very familiar to a
| large number of developers -- as a result
| there's a huge developer base to tap into and
| a huge ecosystem of tools and applications
| designed to work with Java EE.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/community/features/interviews/blog/what-java-ee-6-offers-the-enterprise-and-integration/?cs=38638

MySQL, Oracle And Cloud Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since Oracle announced the acquisition of
| Sun Microsystems along with MySQL, all hell
| broke loose in the open source community. With
| EU questioning the deal, there is a war (of
| words) erupting inside the community with one
| side asking EU to block the deal or, at the
| very least, change the license to another open
| source license from GPL and the other side
| urging EU to allow the transaction to go
| through. Even though I have no love for
| Oracle, I think it is time to let the deal go
| through at least for the sake of Sun employees
| who are sitting there with their future
| unknown. At the same time, I am not unduly
| worried about the future of MySQL because I
| have complete confidence in the open source
| license of MySQL. Let me try to explain my
| position here in this post.
`----

http://www.cloudave.com/link/mysql-oracle-and-cloud-computing

Recent:

Java vs. .Net: Java programmers gain the edge

,----[ Quote ]
| The flexibility that Java brings through its
| open source framework, has made it more
| popular. .NET in its complete form can only be
| installed on computers running a Microsoft
| Windows operating system, whereas Java can be
| installed on computers running any operating
| systems such as Linux, Solaris, Mac OS or
| Windows.
`----

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/Java_vs_Net_Java_programmers_gain_the_edge_-nid-64186.html

JetBrains releases two variants of Java development
environment IntelliJ IDEA 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 9 of Java development environment
| IntelliJ IDEA has now been released in two
| variants â  a commercial version, dubbed
| Ultimate Edition, and an open source Community
| Edition. The Apache 2.0 licence, which is also
| used by other JetBrains open source projects,
| has been selected for the Community Edition.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/JetBrains-releases-two-variants-of-Java-development-environment-IntelliJ-IDEA-9-881076.html

Sun Releases Java EE 6, Glassfish v3 Portfolio, and NetBeans 6.8

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems has announced the official
| release of the Java EE 6 specification, along
| with Glassfish V3 (the Java EE 6 reference
| implementation), and NetBeans 6.8, which
| enables you to easily build Java EE 6
| applications.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/java/222001499

Sun Releases 3 Java Upgrades as EU Begins Closed-Door Merger Hearing

,----[ Quote ]