[News] Ubuntu 10.04 Has New Indicator Menu; Privacy Remix (9.04r3)

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 10.04 Has New Indicator Menu; Privacy Remix (9.04r3)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:06:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Indicator Applet & Messaging Menu for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

,----[ Quote ]
| I previously discussed some of the new social
| networking aspects coming in Ubuntu 10.04.
| These mainly focus on the brand new Me Menu
| which is a personalised menu that holds and
| controls all your social networking and
| assists with broadcasting to microblogging
| services. Some related changes are the new
| changes to the indicator applet and attached
| messaging menu.
`----

http://jordanhall.co.uk/ubuntu-linux/new-indicator-applet-messaging-menu-for-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx-5101423/

Ubuntu Privacy Remix 9.04r3 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Privacy Remix is a modified Live-CD
| based on Ubuntu Linux. UPR is not intended for
| permanent installation on hard disk. The goal
| of Ubuntu Privacy Remix is to provide an
| isolated, working environment where private
| data can be dealt with safely. The system
| installed on the computer running UPR remains
| untouched.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=8680

Recent: