[News] New Python Tool for GNU/Linux Users: Acire

  • Subject: [News] New Python Tool for GNU/Linux Users: Acire
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:24:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Acire: Delivering A World Of Python Snippets

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks back I blogged about my new program Acire:
| a simple little tool that provides a library of Python
| examples called snippets that outline how to do specific
| taks. With each snippet you can browse the code, run it
| and otherwise learn how it works in order to help you get
| to grips with writing your own programs as quickly and
| easily as possible.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/01/08/acire-delivering-a-world-of-python-snippets/

Concise python code

http://blog.dhananjaynene.com/2010/01/concise-python-code/

Get Facebook albums with python

http://blog.chmouel.com/2010/01/09/get-facebook-albums-with-python/

Recent:

Gentoo wins again with Python 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite being heavily involved in Ubuntu
| advocacy and promotion, being a member of
| the Ubuntu project, and using it on my
| personal systems, I've had to keep my
| servers and development machines running
| Gentoo.
|
| [...]
|
| Python 3 is a great example of this; Gnome
| 3 will apparently use Python 3 for many
| applets, and Gnome 3's release schedule
| sets it for inclusion in Ubuntu 10.10 (next
| Fall), but at present Python 3.1 is
| packaged but none of the 3rd party packages
| are available for it - even those which
| explicitly support Python 3 already.
`----

http://arcriley.blogspot.com/2009/12/gentoo-wins-again-with-python-3.html

Python 3 moratorium now official

,----[ Quote ]
| The Python 3 language syntax has been
| frozen until June 2011 under a moratorium
| imposed by Guido Van Rossum, Python's
| creator and BDFL (Benevolent Dictator For
| Life). The moratorium, proposed at the end
| of October, is now defined in PEP3003 and
| sets out what is not to change in future
| Python 3 versions.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Python-3-moratorium-now-official-857356.html

Python wanderings, part two