[News] [Rival] "Microsoft Wrench"

Why Did Jim Mora Get The Shaft? Here It Is...

,----[ Quote ]
| What Tool Do You Use To Screw Out a Mora Bolt?
| Apparently it's a Microsoft Wrench.
|
| [...]
|
| But what MOST former Microsoft former
| employees have said is that MS is eaten up
| with middle-to-upper management cliques. They
| have Dueling Groupthink run rampant there, all
| the time. So, Allen puts First & Goal in place
| as his umbrella organization for the stadium
| and team. So far, so good.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.com/theconstantvalentine/archives/190556.asp?from=blog_last3

Related:

Patent troll? Say it ain't so, Paul Allen

,----[ Quote ]
| Digeo is a company that's famous for two things, and neither of them is
| the product it makes. Thing One: it is funded by Vulcan, the venture
| company owned by one of the iconic figures of the computer business,
| Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft. Allen is also the chairman of
| Digeo's board. Thing Two: Digeo has done far better extracting licensing
| fees for its patent portfolio out of companies like Palmsource and,
| presumably, Yahoo, than it has selling its interactive-TV systems.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/3497

Linux and FlipStart

,----[ Quote ]
| On the subject of Linux, one reader recently asked whether Paul Allen's new
| FlipStart miniature computer had been tested for use with the open-source
| operating system...
|
|       "We have tested various flavors of Linux on FlipStart and it will
|       run just fine..."
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/113347.asp

Review: the Little Laptop That Can't