[News] Top Hypothetical GNU/Linux Headlines; Members Choice Awards Kicked off at LinuxQuestions.org

  • Subject: [News] Top Hypothetical GNU/Linux Headlines; Members Choice Awards Kicked off at LinuxQuestions.org
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:24:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 open source headlines we'd like to see in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| 2: Open source helps newspapers salvage their
| future
| Let's face it, newspapers (and magazines) are in
| serious jeopardy of going the way of the Dodo.
| Most newspapers can't handle economic downturns
| and continue to grow. So this headline would be
| sure to please. How? Newspapers shift their
| websites to LAMP servers and their desktops to a
| Linux-based operating system. After that would
| come a deluge of print servers and more. It
| would be a win-win situation. Not only would
| open source gain a boost, but newspapers would
| live to write another headline.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=1284

Voting for the 2009 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Awards is now open.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm happy to announce that the nominees have
| been selected and the polls for the 2009
| LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Awards are now
| open. Congratulations to everyone that was
| nominated.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/voting-for-the-2009-linuxquestions.org-members-choice-awards-is-now-open.-780880/

Recent:

2007 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Award Winners

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/2007-linuxquestions.org-members-choice-award-winners-622825/