[News] Debian Founding Explored

The Debian Pennybox

,----[ Quote ]
| I received an interesting email from Debian
| developer Raphael Hertzog who has happily
| allowed me to blog about the ideas we were
| talking about. His email centers around the
| funding of infrastructure projects in the Debian
| distribution and ways to think about funding
| that avoid socio-political problems.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/the-debian-pennybox/

Recent:

Does Debian Deviate From Standards Or Upstream?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, it seemed clear. Debian was in fact not
| changing the default behavior of cron, but it
| was Red Hat who was doing the changing.
| Further, despite what the documentation says,
| I could find no site-wide configuration file
| to modify this behavior- even referenced in
| the source code. The only way to make the
| change was to change the code before
| compilation (so maybe we should submit a bug
| on the man page).
`----

http://pthree.org/2010/01/04/does-debian-deviate-from-standards-or-upstream/

Debian Squeeze freeze and Ubuntu Dev Syncing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian GNU/Linux project is looking at a
| development freeze in March next year for its
| next release, Squeeze, the project leader
| Steve McIntyre says.
|
| A freeze means that no new features are
| incorporated and only bug fixes are done. The
| release does not take place until all RC
| (release critical) bugs are squashed.
`----

http://totalinux.org/2009/12/debian-squeeze-freeze-and-ubuntu-dev-syncing/

Debian looking at development freeze by March

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29541/1090/