[News] More Android/Linux Tablets Coming from HP

  • Subject: [News] More Android/Linux Tablets Coming from HP
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:53:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

H.P. Working on âHalf-Pintâ Android Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| Hewlett Packard is working on numerous tablet
| devices that will come in a variety of sizes,
| shapes and operating systems, including Windows
| 7, Googleâs Android, and possibly the open-
| source operating system Linux.
|
| The company has so many different tablet-related
| projects in the works that a variety of coming
| publishing partners were surprised to see a
| Windows 7 version of the Hewlett-Packard slate
| announced at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/hp-working-on-halfpint-android-tablet/

Nexus Two - The Next Generation

,----[ Quote ]
| Weâve had the battle of the apps and now itâs
| the battle of the handset. But after all the
| hype, it has not been the greatest start for
| Google and the Nexus One phone - maybe we should
| be looking forward to the Nexus Two and all that
| might bring with it?
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/blogs/daveyw/2010/01/10/nexus-two-the-next-generation/

Days ago:

Et tu, HP!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a sign that OEMs are looking at backup
| plans for what to do when the monopoly
| crumbles. If the market for that other OS
| dries up, they have GNU/Linux to lean on. They
| may have to advertise it a bit, but they can.
| If the market for x86 dries up in preference
| to ARM for power/price, HP and others need an
| alternative. If they will not supply ARM and
| GNU/Linux, others will. The market is
| beginning to finish the process of curing the
| anti-competitive acts of the monopoly. It is
| about time.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/01/08/et-tu-hp/

The Other HP Slate Runs On Android