[News] Video Standards War is Still on, JQuery Book Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Video Standards War is Still on, JQuery Book Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 01:28:45 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Here We Go Again: Video Standards War 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| So there we are.  With the multiyear HD DVD Blu-
| ray battle still a recent memory, we have a new
| standards face off in video, just as we do in
| eBooks, and just as it looks like we may in on-
| line print, where a new consortium led by the
| News Corporation and others is launching a
| standards-based "digital newsstand."  All of
| these devices, of course, are targeted at you
| and I, and each has the potential to not only
| extend the woes of the music/video/print vendors
| behind these standards battles, but to waste
| your money and mine as well.
|
| Does that strike you as a shame?  Me to.
|
| So if you've still got a Betamax in the back of
| your closet, you might want to finally throw it
| out.  After all, you may be needing the storage
| space soon for yet another wave of consumer
| electronic equipment that has  been rendered
| obsolete by a needless standards war.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=2010010916540469

Learning JQuery 1.3

http://books.slashdot.org/story/10/01/11/1441233/Learning-JQuery-1

Recent:

Welcome to TinyOgg!

,----[ Quote ]
| This service allows you to watch and listen
| to Flash-based videos without the need to
| Flash technology. This gives you speed,
| safety, control, freedom and openness.
`----

http://tinyogg.com/

Opera Adds Support for HTML5 Video Element: New 10.5 Pre-Alpha Build

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/opera/opera-html5-video-element-10-5-pre-alpha-linux.html