[News] Aruba Uses GNU/Linux for Network Management

  • Subject: [News] Aruba Uses GNU/Linux for Network Management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:04:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Aruba Gets Into Wired Network Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Airwave 7 is available as a cloud-based
| Software-as-a-Service offering as well as a
| Linux-based software appliance. Wargo noted that
| Aruba uses the Red Hat clone CentOS as its
| underlying operating system for the Airwave
| software appliance.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3857876/

Recent:

Aruba Gets Wired for Remote Access

,----[ Quote ]
| WLAN player shifts to the LAN with major new rollout of remote access gear
| with Linux at its core.
|
| [...]
|
| Powering Aruba's RAP is a Linux-based operating system.
|
| "It's embedded Linux and it has been highly modified by us to do what we need
| it to do," Logan said. "It is running our code and the services that we need
| to run. We use parts of the Linux kernel and we use the drivers, but it's in
| a limited way, as most of the software was written in house and is
| custom-built."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3819846

Related:

It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| What the press statement didn't mention is that Aruba mobility
| controllers run the Linux operating system which Microsoft has
| aggressively targeted as being inferior to Windows as part of
| its "Get the Facts" marketing campaign.
|
| [...]
|
| Pandey's appraisal of Aruba's technology is in stark contrast to
| Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places Windows as a more secure,
| and higher-performing choice over Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1

Aruba and HP swim the OpenSEA

,----[ Quote ]
| Buried under the end-of-year industry buzz last week was a fairly significant
| announcement. Wi-Fi leader Aruba Networks and the HP ProCurve division joined
| the OpenSEA Alliance, a group dedicated to the development and adoption of a
| robust and reliable open-source 802.1X supplicant for secure access to
| network and other computing resources.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9835716-7.html

Aruba Networks Sues Motorola Over Alleged Patent Infringements

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/33664.php