[News] SimplyMEPIS 8.0.15 is Released

SimplyMEPIS 8.0.15 Update Release

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS LLC has released SimplyMEPIS 8.0.15, an
| update to the community edition of MEPIS 8.0.
| The ISO files for 32 and 64 bit processors are
| SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.0.15-rel_32.iso and
| SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.0.15-rel_64.iso.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14231

Recent:

SimplyMEPIS 8.5 beta4 Greets a New Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Woodford has announced that
| SimplyMEPIS 8.4.96, the beta4 of MEPIS 8.5,
| is available from MEPIS and public mirrors.
| The ISO files for 32 and 64 bit processors
| are SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.4.96-b4_32.iso and
| SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.4.96-b4_64.iso respectively.
| Deltas, requested by the community, are also
| available.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14230

SimplyMEPIS 8.5 beta2 Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Woodford has uploaded SimplyMEPIS
| 8.4.94, the beta2 of MEPIS 8.5. This beta is
| available from MEPIS and public mirrors. The
| ISO files for 32 and 64 bit processors are
| SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.4.94-b2_32.iso and
| SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.4.94-b2_64.iso.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14228

MEPIS 8.5 Beta1

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS Linux, the KDE based Linux
| distribution, released the beta1 of MEPIS
| 8.5. MEPIS Linux was one of the easy to use
| Linux distributions besides PCLinuxOS,
| before Ubuntu arrived. The users who wanted
| to use the latest Debian's snapshot, but
| afraid of all those text mode configuration
| tricks found MEPIS as the Debian for the
| masses. MEPIS Linux has some of the best
| configuration utilities around, to configure
| X and Networking (including WiFi). The
| arrival of Ubuntu and the fact that as this
| distribution has no specific release
| schedule (this is developed by a single
| person) might have reduced the fame of this
| distribution. I'm trying this beta after a
| long time just to check how MEPIS is doing
| now and overall, I must say that I'm pleased
| with this beta release.
|
| [...]
|
| MEPIS is one of the solid distributions and
| this release also is not an exception. This
| beta release is more solid than some other
| RC releases I tried of some distributions
| :-). MEPIS also has some issues where most
| of the distributions work without any
| issues. I'm particularly concerned about the
| graphical configuration and the package
| management issues. As this is only a beta
| release, I expect the final release would be
| more solid and functional. I would also
| recommend to try the final release of MEPIS
| for Linux beginners.
`----

http://www.planetoss.com/detail.php?id=24

MEPIS Birthday Surprise: SimplyMEPIS 8.5 alpha Release

,----[ Quote ]
| November 21 was the seventh anniversary of
| MEPIS Linux, so it seems fitting that Warren
| Woodford has uploaded SimplyMEPIS 8.4.80, the
| alpha release of MEPIS 8.5. Available from
| MEPIS and public mirrors, the ISO files for 32
| and 64 bit processors are SimplyMEPIS-
| CD_8.4.80-a0_32.iso and SimplyMEPIS-CD_8.4.80-
| a0_64.iso.
`----

https://www.mepis.org/node/14225

Mepis 8.0.10 perfects KDE 3.5.10

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.3 is Great but I would suggest all newbies to try the
| last, KDE 3.5.10 release of Mepis 8 (8.0.10) before it moves
| into KDE 4 world (cos i don't know what will happen then).
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2009/09/mepis-8010-perfects-kde-3510.html

Simply Mepis 8 is a nice little Debian-based Linux distro

,----[ Quote ]
| I am now running the latest version of Simply Mepis 8, one of many offshoots
| of Debian Linux and therefore a cousin of the venerable Ubuntu. I am taken
| back a couple of years to the simpler days of the KDE 3.5 interface. KDE 4,
| the current darling, is a work of art by the guys at TrollTech, borrowing
| elements from Apple's Aqua interface, but this old tech favors reliability
| over flash, and as a law student I have little time to expore the wonders of
| KDE 4. Simply Mepis with KDE 3.5 is, in a word, familiar.
`----

http://cuibono.org/dasblog/2009/08/30/SimplyMepis8IsANiceLittleDebianbasedLinuxDistro.aspx

SimplyMEPIS 8.0.12 Maintenance Release

,----[ Quote ]