[News] Australian Linux Conference Opens Soon, Linux Outlaws Praised

  • Subject: [News] Australian Linux Conference Opens Soon, Linux Outlaws Praised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:21:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux.conf.au kicks off next week aiming for open source roadmap goal

,----[ Quote ]
| Annual conference expected to attract 600-
| strong crowd with diverse mix of international,
| Australian and NZ delegates
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/332323/linux_conf_au_kicks_off_next_week_aiming_open_source_roadmap_goal/?rid=-219

My favourite Linux podcast.

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve sampled a variety of podcasts about Linux,
| including FLOSS Weekly and TuxRadar, but the
| Outlaws are by far and away my favourite. At
| first blush an excitable German University
| student and baritone Liverpudlian might seem
| like an odd choice to host such a thing, but
| youâll quickly realize that both share an equal
| passion for all things open. They also put on a
| great show.
|
| Hereâs a quick tour of the Outlaw universe to
| get you up to speed:
|
| One of my favourite recent episodes of the
| podcast featured an extended interview with
| Bradley Kuhn & Aaron Williamson from the
| Software Freedom Law Center. Did you know that
| a whole whack of television and set-top box
| manufacturers are using GPL code without giving
| back to the community? The lesson to be learned
| here is that open-source has deeper pockets
| than you might think.
`----

http://openattitude.com/2010/01/12/my-favourite-linux-podcast/

Recent:

Linux Outlaws 123 - Simple Doesn't Equal Shit

,----[ Quote ]
| This week on the show: We review OpenSuse 11.2
| and Fedora 12 and review them in our Big Distro
| Shootout and in the news Apple says no warranty
| for you if you smoke, Chrome OS source released,
| Fedora 12 lets non-root users install stuff and
| Ubuntu removes the GIMP from Lucid.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/123

Linux Outlaws 121 - See Popey for Details

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/121