[News] Flightcaster Makes Free Software, A Look at Storytlr

  • Subject: [News] Flightcaster Makes Free Software, A Look at Storytlr
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:48:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Flightcaster Open-sources Crane

,----[ Quote ]
| A big concern with the modern JVM languages
| like Scala and Clojure is the ability to scale
| out from the single JVM address space into
| distributed environments.  Different approaches
| include a distributed JVM (terracotta),
| distributed actors (akka), message queues
| (AMQP/rabbitmq), or solutions for specific
| computational models, like hadoop.
`----

http://measuringmeasures.blogspot.com/2009/12/flightcaster-open-sources-crane_03.html

Make your own lifestream with open source Storytlr

,----[ Quote ]
| The arrival of a new year is often viewed as an
| opportunity for self improvement. According the
| US government, some of the population's top new
| year's resolutions for 2010 include plans to
| lose weight, improve finances, and reduce
| stress. I imagine that our audience of super-
| geeks have a few goals that aren't on the list.
| This year, I decided to finally fix up my
| personal Web site. An open source lifestream
| framework called Storytlr made my goal easy to
| accomplish.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/guides/2010/01/make-your-own-lifestream-with-open-source-software.ars

Recent:

EtherPad is Back Online Until Open Sourced

http://etherpad.com/ep/blog/posts/etherpad-back-online-until-open-sourced

Skype open source? Ain't gonna happen

,----[ Quote ]
`----