[News] Linux (Android) Comes to Education, T-Mobile to Sell Linux Tablets

  • Subject: [News] Linux (Android) Comes to Education, T-Mobile to Sell Linux Tablets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 21:37:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

enTourage eDGeâs Android-Powered Education

,----[ Quote ]
| Debuting at CES this week was a device that
| takes Android to the next level. Over the
| past few weeks weâve seen developments in
| Android that show how Android could be
| powering everything in our lives one day.
| With The enTourage eDGe Dualbook(TM) from
| enTourage Systems our education can now be
| powered via Android. Forget your netbooks,
| your laptops, and even your tablets.
|
| [...]
|
| In regards to how it takes advantage of the
| Android operating system, you will see many
| of the same apps you are currently using on
| your Android devices available on the eDGe.
| Although you will not be able to access
| Google Market directly, the device can
| download apps from any other 3rd party
| stores available on the internet. The device
| also includes the extremely comforting
| feature of backing up all of your documents
| to enTourage Systems servers if for whatever
| reason you may lose your data. No longer
| will you be able to say to your professor,
| âMy computer crashed and deleted
| EVERYTHING!â
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/01/08/entourage-edges-android-powered-education/

T-Mobile prescribes hub tablet for UK families

,----[ Quote ]
| More concrete details about the Android-based
| Vega touchscreen tablet have emerged, with T-
| Mobile set to sell the gadget into Blighty
| later this year.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/01/08/vega_icd/

Recent:

Hands on with Texetâs 8.9 inch touchscreen tablet

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/01/hands-on-with-texets-8-9-inch-touchscreen-tablet.html