[News] Openness/Freedom Spreads to Hardware, Commons Promoted

  • Subject: [News] Openness/Freedom Spreads to Hardware, Commons Promoted
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:04:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CES 2010: Open Source 3-D Printer Turns Designs Into Objects

,----[ Quote ]
| Wired.com checks out MakerBot's Cupcake CNC
| 3-D Printer. Using PLA, ABS, or HDPE
| plastic, this open source, $950 kit allows
| the user to fabricate small objects of
| virtually any shape.
`----

http://www.wired.com/video/open-source-3d-printer-turns-designs-into-objects/61029613001

Strengthen the Commons

,----[ Quote ]
| â Theâ current, interrelated crises in
| finance, the economy, nutrition, energy,
| and in the fundamental ecological systems
| of life â are sharpening our awareness of
| the existence and importance of the
| commons. Natural commons are necessary for
| our survival, social commons ensure social
| cohesion, and cultural commons enable us to
| evolve as individuals. It is imperative
| that we focus our personal creativity,
| talents and enthusiasm to protect and
| increase our social wealth and natural
| commons. This will required an eye on the
| goal to change some basic structures of
| politics, economics, and society.
`----

http://seminario10anosdepois.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/strengthen-the-commons/

Related:

Fab at Home, Open-Source 3D Printer, Lets Users Make Anything

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4224759.html