[News] GNOME Desktop Version 3 Takes Focus

GNOME 3 Myths

,----[ Quote ]
| This page hopes to dispel myths about the
| upcoming GNOME 3 release, currently
| scheduled for September, 2010.
`----

http://live.gnome.org/GNOME3Myths

GNOME Shell tryout.

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been using the GNOME Shell preview
| available in Fedora 12 this week and Iâm
| really enjoying it. I was testing out some
| candidates for updates to the free drivers
| for my ATI Radeon HD4850 (and the stuff
| that went with them) already, and decided
| to see what happened when I picked GNOME
| Shell.  At F12 release time, my graphics
| card wasnât quite ready for GNOME Shell
| use. But now I get the whole kit and
| kaboodle!
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2943

Is GNOME Going To Duplicate The Efforts From Canonical?

,----[ Quote ]
| Gnome Shell recently introduced a new
| notification system. Sadly it seems like
| GNOME Shell is going to duplicate a lot of
| the efforts from Canonical. Besides the
| notification system the application
| indicators also have similarities.
`----

http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2010/01/is-gnome-going-to-duplicate-efforts.html

The ChoKolate Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Reader naaamo2004âs Linux desktop sports a
| chocolate-coloured theme that is slick,
| polished and beautiful, with an impressive
| Firefox theme to match.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/01/the-chokolate-linux-desktop/

Recent:

Nautilus Begins To Change For GNOME 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| While GNOME 3.0 will not be released until
| September 2010, many of the GNOME packages
| are beginning to change in preparation for
| this major overhaul of the GNOME desktop
| even though the GNOME 2.30 release is still
| ahead of us. While Zeitgeist, G-Streamer,
| Clutter/Mutter, and GNOME Shell grab most of
| the attention, the mature Nautilus file-
| browser is receiving some improvements too.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgyMA

Sabayon and Gnome Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs too early to give gnome shell a fair
| review so I will leave it at something
| that is going to be interesting as it
| matures.  I still need to learn more about
| it and hopefully I can pass information
| along as I go.  I guess if anyone out
| there gives it a whirl, I wouldnât mind
| hearing your thoughts on it.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=275

How to : GNOME Shell ( Preview of GNOME 3.0 ) in Fedora 12

http://icewalkerz.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-gnome-shell-preview-of-gnome-30.html

GNOME Community Announces Dates GUADEC 2010

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gnome-community-announces-dates-guadec-2010