[News] Bradley Kuhn (SFLC) Move to Debian GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Bradley Kuhn (SFLC) Move to Debian GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 02:54:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Back Home, with Debian!

,----[ Quote ]
| By the end of 2004, I'd been running Debian
| âtestingâ on my laptop since around early
| 2003. For almost two years, I'd lived with
| periodic instability â including a week in the
| spring of 2003 when I couldn't even get X11
| started â for the sake of using a distribution
| that maximally respected software freedom.
|
| [...]
|
| Twelve days in, I am very impressed. Really,
| all the things I liked about Ubuntu are now
| available upstream as well. This isn't the
| distribution I left in 2004; it's much better,
| all while being truly community-oriented and
| software-freedom-respecting. It's good to be
| home. Thank you, Debian developers.
`----

http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2010/01/14/ubuntu-debian.html

Recent:

It's a Wonderful FLOSS

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps this quote jumped out on me because all the bank run jokes made this
| year. However, that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. Instead, I
| thought immediately of Microsoft's presence at OSCON this year and the launch
| of their campaign to pretend they haven't spent the last ten years trying
| destroy all of Free Software and Open Source.
|
| [...]
|
| Never forget why they are making the offer. Microsoft is unique among
| proprietary software companies: they are the only ones who have actively
| tried to kill Open Source and Free Software. It's not often someone wants to
| be your friend after trying to kill you for ten years, but such change is
| cause for suspicion.
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2008/dec/24/capra-free-software/

Related:

Bradley Kuhn makes a better world through software freedom

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/132573