[News] Linux/Android to Target Microwaves and Dishwashers, Android 2.1 Released

  • Subject: [News] Linux/Android to Target Microwaves and Dishwashers, Android 2.1 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:39:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Touch subsystem supplies Android UI for microwaves, washers

,----[ Quote ]
| Touch Revolution is shipping an Android-driven
| touchscreen subsystem that OEMs can "drop in"
| to microwave ovens, washing machines,
| printers, IP phones, and more. The Nimble
| NIM1000 module comprises an embedded board
| with a Marvell/ARM PXA310 clocked to 806MHz,
| and a 7-inch, WVGA projective capacitive
| touchscreen, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Touch-Revolution-Nimble-NIM1000/?kc=rss

Android 2.1 released as Linux 2.6.33 hits rc4

,----[ Quote ]
| The Android community released the SDK for
| Android 2.1, which ships with Google's new
| Nexus One phone, and the Motorola Backflip
| phone is rumored for a March AT&T launch.
| Meanwhile, the Linux kernel that drives
| Android, as well as numerous devices,
| desktops, and servers, was released in a WiFi-
| focused Linux 2.6.33-rc4.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Android-21-and-Linux-2633rc4/?kc=rss

Recent: