[News] Linux.conf.au 2010 Starts, More Linux/KDE Events Coming

  • Subject: [News] Linux.conf.au 2010 Starts, More Linux/KDE Events Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:57:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LCA 2010: Spreading the FOSS message to the masses

,----[ Quote ]
| Australia's national Linux conference has a
| reputation of being among the better
| technical conferences held every year and
| geeks look forward to the annual event.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30498&Itemid=1090

Linux.conf.au 2010 Hits Wellington Next Week

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/01/linux-conf-au-2010-hits-wellington-next-week/

Rich and varied fare for open-source conference

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source software conference
| linux.conf.au, taking place in Wellington
| all this week, will cover a healthy mixture
| of technical, social and even âsmall-pâ
| political topics â as well as allowing open
| source enthusiasts to chew the fat.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/4D3BFC61467BB90CCC2576AE00686D92

Big turnout expected for Wellington Linux-fest

,----[ Quote ]
| Wellington will host an international
| gathering of Linux enthusiasts next week
| when the linux.conf.au 2010 conference
| comes to town.
`----

http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/feature/4D30AE62D0A5B9A5CC2576AB000E5557

Call for Proposals: Linux-Kongress 2010

http://www.linux-kongress.org/2010/cfp.html

Camp KDE About to Start!

,----[ Quote ]
| Tomorrow morning, the third major North American KDE event will
| start with an introduction by Jeff Mitchell and Aaron Johnson.
| At 11:00 a keynote by University of California San Diego professor
| Philip Bourne will introduce us to the university's Open Data
| initiative and after a lunch we'll get going with the various
| presentations.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/01/16/camp-kde-about-start

Recent:

Open Source conference returns to Portland

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://portland.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2009/10/19/daily59.html