[News] King Yung (Company) Chooses Linux for Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] King Yung (Company) Chooses Linux for Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:03:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

King Yung showcases 7 inch Android netbook, 10 inch tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past 2 years, Iâve seen a lot of 7
| inch mini-notebooks with ARM or MIPS based
| processors. Most run Windows CE or some
| flavor of Linux. This week I came across a
| model running Google Android, which is the
| first time Iâve seen that OS on one of
| these generic netbooks. Iâm sure it wonât
| be the last.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/01/king-yung-showcases-7-inch-android-netbook-10-inch-tablet.html

ZTE announces Android push, will ship phones in Q1

,----[ Quote ]
| Chinese network equipment vendor ZTE has
| joined the growing number of phone
| manufacturers using Android. It plans to
| launch smartphones based on the operating
| system in the first quarter of this year, it
| said Thursday.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2010/011410-zte-announces-android-push-will.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

This is huge. The WIntel press does not pay enough attention.

Recent:

ZTE accelerates Android handset release plan

,----[ Quote ]
| ZTE, a Chinese handset manufacturer with
| global ambitions, has brought forward the
| release of its first Android smartphone.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/01/14/zte_oha/

ands on with Texetâs 8.9 inch touchscreen tablet

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/01/hands-on-with-texets-8-9-inch-touchscreen-tablet.html