[News] Philippines Trains for Free Software

Basic open source web design workshop set in Davao

,----[ Quote ]
| The Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC) is
| inviting interested manager/owners/ HR
| managers/web enthusiasts in a two-day Basic
| Web Design Course using Joomla open source
| software.
`----

http://www.pia.gov.ph/?m=12&fi=p100120.htm&no=05&r=&y=&mo=

Why Business Resists Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently Norway's own broadcasting company (NRK) went to open standards by choosing ODF
| file formats over that of those provided by
| Microsoft's Office products. This is not
| really that groundbreaking considering how
| much other parts of the world opt to embrace
| open standards while here in the U.S. we cling
| to what's easiest. But it did serve as a
| reminder that changes are coming in what users
| want from their software.
|
| Clearly, there is significant interest in open
| source software as a potential cost saving,
| among other advantages. The key is making sure
| that legacy headaches among issues of software
| trust and familiarity. It's an unfortunate
| mindset that is not only a problem in the
| corporate world, but in everyday homes as
| well.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3859236/Why-Business-Resists-Open-Source.htm

Recent:

As it expands into virtualization, open source vendor upbeat on RP prospects

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/229601/as-it-expands-virtualization-open-source-vendor-upbeat-rp-prospects