[News] More Migrations to Free Software and ODF in Denmark

  • Subject: [News] More Migrations to Free Software and ODF in Denmark
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:12:27 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ODF redder Region Midtjylland fra problemer med Microsoft Office

http://www.version2.dk/artikel/13491-odf-redder-region-midtjylland-fra-problemer-med-microsoft-office

ODF saves Region Midtjylland from problems with Microsoft Office

,----[ Quote ]
| Problems with interoperability between
| Microsoft's versions of office-office package
| has Region Midtjylland to standardize ODF as
| an exchange format between all office
| packages.
`----

http://www.version2.dk/artikel/13491-odf-redder-region-midtjylland-fra-problemer-med-microsoft-office

Recent:

Netherlands helps Denmark with open IT

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dutch government has provided Denmark
| with information regarding the Dutch
| national plan Heemskerk for open government
| IT.
|
| In Denmark, there is heated debate about the
| approach for open IT usage by the
| government. One of the obstacles is the open
| file format for mandatory use by the
| government and government organizations. ODF
| (Open Document Format) and OOXML (Open
| Office XML), originally developed by
| Microsoft, are the candidates for use.
|
| The Dutch Ministry of Finance shared with
| Denmark the experience and knowledge it has
| gained from the national plan Heemskerk and
| the resulting action plan "Nederland Open in
| Verbinding" (NOiV). Finance spokesman Edwin
| van Scherrenburg confirmed to Dutch IDG news
| site Webwereld that the two governments are
| in contact. "We have shared all information
| regarding NOiV," he said.
`----

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2009/12/15/netherlands-helps-denmark-open-it

DK: Chair of Denmark's standards committee: 'Microsoft is lying'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/dk-chair-of-denmarks-standards-committee-microsoft-is-lying