[News] Debian GNU/Linux for the Wife - Story

The Debian Adventure, Part 16: Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been over a week now, and my wife is
| settling in to her new Debian system with no
| further problems. There were a few extras I
| needed to install when I first brought Debian
| up, and a few more I've needed during the last
| week.
`----

http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php?item.552.8

Debian 4.0 security support ends soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian developer Alexander Reichle-Schmehl has
| announced that security support for Debian 4.0
| (code named "Etch") will end on the 15th of
| February, 2010. Debian 4.0 was originally
| released on the 8th of April, 2007 and
| included version 2.6.18 of the Linux kernel.
| After the 15th of February, no new updates,
| including security updates and critical fixes,
| will be available for Debian version 4.0.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Debian-4-0-security-support-ends-soon-910692.html

Recent:

Benchmarking Debian's GNU/kFreeBSD