[News] GNU/Linux Distributions for Children: Short Overview

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Distributions for Children: Short Overview
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:28:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux for Children: Kid-Friendly Linux Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| Believe it or not, there are several
| distributions of Linux intended for use by
| children as young as 3 years old. Child-
| oriented Linux distros tend to have a
| simplified interface with large, âchunkyâ,
| colorful icons and a specialized set of
| programs designed with kids in mind.
`----

http://linossgov.blogspot.com/2010/01/linux-for-children-kid-friendly-linux.html

Recent:

OOo4Kids.activity.xo is available !

,----[ Quote ]
| On XO machines, when using Sugar, an
| application must respect some criterias, to
| appear listed as activity. We had in the scope
| to provide OOo4Kids as activity on Sugar.
`----

http://eric.bachard.free.fr/news/2009/11/ooo4kidsactivityxo-is-available.html

OOo4kids: Special Version for Kids

,----[ Quote ]
| In my view i think, that this is an useful Applications
| for the Kids. Iâm very interested in the upcoming
| Versions.
`----

http://saigkill.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/ooo4kids-special-version-for-kids/

OOo4Kids proposed as part of OpenOffice.org Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, I proposed  OOo4Kids to become a part of OpenOffice.org Project.
`----

http://eric.bachard.free.fr/news/2009/08/ooo4kids-proposed-as-part-of.html

Qimo4Kids.com - Linux For Kids

,----[ Quote ]
| Nowadays kids are getting more and more familiar with computers. That takes
| place through games, movies, pictures and all kind of educational programs.
| And now, there is a new solution for you to give your kids the possibility to
| use a computer in a fun way.
|
| Qimo4Kids.com is a website that was specially developed in order to provide
| users with all the information they need about a new operative system for
| kids. This system was created as a version of Linux for kids.
`----

http://www.killerstartups.com/Web20/qimo4kids-com-linux-for-kids

Michelle Hall On Qimo - Linux For Kids

,----[ Quote ]