[News] FSF Explains How Free Software Helps Haiti

  • Subject: [News] FSF Explains How Free Software Helps Haiti
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:51:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Free software in the Haiti aid effort, and how you can help

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenStreetMap and Sahana are two free software
| projects that are facilitating aid to Haiti.
|
| We wanted to call attention to two free
| software projects that have been involved in
| the Haiti humanitarian effort, both because of
| the usefulness of their work and because they
| can surely use the help of skilled volunteers.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/free-software-haiti-aid

Recent:

$100 Laptop Project Recruiting Haiti Volunteers

,----[ Quote ]
| The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project, which
| has developed a low-cost notebook computer to
| help children in developing countries improve
| computer and learning skills, has announced
| that it is looking for volunteers and interns
| to help out with projects in countries
| including Afghanistan and Haiti.
`----

http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/news/-100-laptop-project-recruiting-haiti-volunteers-3103

Open source platform assisting in Haiti

,----[ Quote ]
| Federal News Radio is continuing to cover the
| government's efforts to help in Haiti more
| than a week after that devastating earthquake.
`----

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=19&sid=1868663

Open Source Helps Earthquake Victims in Haiti

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/News/Open-Source-Helps-Earthquake-Victims-in-Haiti