[News] More New Distributions of GNU/Linux Just Scripts Away

  • Subject: [News] More New Distributions of GNU/Linux Just Scripts Away
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:55:15 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 scripts to create your own Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Those familiar with Linux will be able to tweak
| settings, add and remove apps and customise the
| menu, toolbars and other desktop elements.
|
| Incredibly, those are about all the skills you
| need to create your very own Linux distro.
|
| We're going to take a look at some scripts
| that'll help you customise different distros.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/10-scripts-to-create-your-own-linux-distribution-665247

Recent:

Fragmentation good for the user, says Nokia

,----[ Quote ]
| Fragmentation within mobile platforms helps handset manufacturers
| and software developers to properly address customers' needs, a
| senior Nokia executive has said.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10013788o-2000331761b,00.htm

Distribution Variation

,----[ Quote ]
| I could use one variant that let
| me choose my desktop environment and applications during
| install time. The installer could use either a network
| repository, or on disc repository depending on the ISO file.
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2009/09/distribution-variation.html

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html