[News] More Variants of Ubuntu GNU/Linux Appear

  • Subject: [News] More Variants of Ubuntu GNU/Linux Appear
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 05:14:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New flavours of Ubuntu being developed in Ireland

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I popped down to the BT Young
| Scientist Exhibition here in Dublin.  This is
| for secondary school students/ High school
| junior students in Ireland.  Itâs pretty
| amazing to see the enthusiasm they show for
| science and technology at an early age.
|
| The process starts months ago, students
| submit a one page proposal on a topic, if
| itâs accepted they research and come up with
| the results, prototype or something to show
| from it all. It also gives Industries who are
| based over here to come and show case their
| projects and encourage students into those
| areas. IBM, Google, Analog Devices to name a
| few all took part and all have offices here
| in Ireland.
`----

http://www.lczajkowski.com/2010/01/23/new-flavours-of-ubuntu-being-developed-in-ireland/

ÃberStudent - Ubuntu version for Students and Researchers

,----[ Quote ]
| ÃberStudent is a free, Ubuntu-based operating
| system for higher education and emerging-
| generation high school students, those who
| wish to learn to excel at the tasks and
| habits of top students and researchers, and
| anyone who can benefit from easy-to-use yet
| powerful computing. Like Ubuntu, ÃberStudent
| is a complete operating system with programs
| for everyday computing tasks, but comes with
| an additional core of expertly configured
| programs, and many user-friendly extras,
| designed to increase your academic success.
| Itâs Software Explorer enables you to easily
| extend ÃberStudent still further for specific
| academic disciplines, and it doesnât stop
| there. Music and movie lovers, gamers,
| budding graphic designers, and those who
| insist on an ascetically eye-popping user
| interface will also be very pleased.
`----

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/uberstudent-ubuntu-version-for-students-and-researchers.html

ÃberStudent

http://www.uberstudent.org/

Recent:

uredyne 9.10 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Puredyne is a GNU/Linux live distribution
| aimed at creative people,
| looking for tools outside the standard. It
| provides the best
| experimental creative applications alongside a
| solid set of graphic,
| audio and video tools in a fast, minimal
| package. For everything from
| sound art to innovative filmmaking.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/370124/