[News] [Rival] Bill Gates: Hypocrite, Tax Evader, Bad Programmer, Dumpster Diver, and Thief

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates: Hypocrite, Tax Evader, Bad Programmer, Dumpster Diver, and Thief
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:06:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bill Gates Suggests Taxing Banks to Cut Federal Deficit

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill, let's be honest, it's hypocritical to
| suggest taxing banks to reduce the federal
| deficit while your company Microsoft
| contributes to Washington State's $2.6
| billion deficit with its alleged $728 million
| evasion of the royalty tax.
|
| You say the federal deficit could be the
| "next crisis". What about your home state's
| impending insolvency? What about our current
| local crisis?
`----

http://microsofttaxdodge.com/2010/01/bill-gates-wants-to-tax-banks-to-cut-federal-deficit.html

Older:

Hasta la Vista, part 1: Microsofts final death march

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, Bill Gates is not a wizard.
| Even worse, he is a bad programmer. When
| Martin Eller, a Microsoft programmer, found
| an error in the flood fill routine of the MS-
| Basic interpreter, he exclaimed "Which moron
| wrote this brainless sh*t?" only to find out
| it was Gates himself who wrote the "brainless
| sh*t". I think it is safe to say that Bill
| Gates is hardly the technical wizard he would
| so much like to be.
`----

http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.com/2007/07/hasta-la-vista-part-1-microsofts-final.html

programmers at work

,----[ Quote ]
|     Bricklin sent waves of laughter through
|     the auditorium by reading a passage from
|     Lammers' interview with Bill Gates in
|     which the young Microsoft founder
|     explained that his work on different
|     versions of Microsoft's BASIC compiler
|     was shaped by looking at how other
|     programmers had gone about the same task.
|     Gates went on to say that young
|     programmers don't need computer science
|     degrees: "The best way to prepare is to
|     write programs, and to study great
|     programs that other people have written.
|     In my case, I went to the garbage cans at
|     the Computer Science Center and I fished
|     out listings of their operating systems."
|
|     Bricklin finished reading Gates' words
|     and announced, with an impish smile,
|     "This is where Gates and [Richard]
|     Stallman agree!"
`----

http://www.dynamicobjects.com/d2r/archives/002646.html

Recent:

Steve Jobs and Sir Tim Berners-Lee baffle the Brits

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft boss Bill Gates was the most
| well-known but 5% of the group thought he
| was a comedian or a famous thief.

PPS and the philanthro-capitalists

,----[ Quote ]
| The free market approach to enrollment and
| funding is a demonstrable failure in
| Portland, when measured by access to
| educational opportunity. Unless the
| district is willing to significantly reduce
| opportunity for the white middle class,
| thereâs no way they can pay for equity of
| opportunity without balancing enrollment,
| that is, by curtailing school choice. This
| is a significant element of the high school
| plan. With it, the district appears to be
| forging a path independent of current
| trends pushed by Gates, at least for high
| schools.
|
| But the district appears unwilling to apply
| the same lesson to middle grades.
|
| Sara Allanâs contention that itâs not the
| structure of the school that matters, but
| what goes on in the classroom, also closely
| parrots the current line being sold by
| Phillips, now head of education for the
| Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
|
| Phillips was the keynote speaker at the
| Council of The Great City Schools
| conference held in Portland last month,
| attended by Allan and quite a few of her
| administrative colleagues. In her speech,
| Phillips promoted merit pay for teachers,
| the latest policy thrust of Gates.
|
| While superintendent in Portland, Philips
| was responsible for both the transition to
| K-8 schools  and the âsmall schoolsâ
| initiative, funded largely by the Gates
| foundation, which dismantled every
| comprehensive high school in Portland
| serving majority non-white students, and
| split them into rigid âacademies.â These
| academies forced students to choose a
| narrow field of study as freshmen, and
| didnât allow students to take electives
| offered in other academies in the same
| building.
|
| [...]
|
| Gatesâ quiet partner
|
| The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has
| grown to be the dominant voice in the
| national education dialogue, heavily
| influencing the federal education policy of
| both George W. Bush and Barack Obama. But
| even as PPS appears to be taking a non-
| Gates path on high schools, the district
| continues to be enamored with  Gatesâ
| biggest private-sector education policy
| ally: Eli Broadâs education foundation.
|
| [...]
|
| âStudent performance,â entirely measured by
| standardized test scores, correlates highly
| to poverty. Broadâs scheme would almost
| certainly assure that teachers in poor and
| minority communities would make less than
| their colleagues in wealthier schools, only
| worsening the achievement gap. This puts
| the lie to Broadâs (and Gatesâ) stated
| mission of closing that gap.
|
| [...]
|
| âStudent performance,â entirely measured by
| standardized test scores, correlates highly
| to poverty. Broadâs scheme would almost
| certainly assure that teachers in poor and
| minority communities would make less than
| their colleagues in wealthier schools, only
| worsening the achievement gap. This puts
> [...]
`----

http://ppsequity.org/2009/11/30/pps-and-the-philanthro-capitalists/

Related:

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c