[News] A Look at Zenwalk 6.2; Mandriva 2010 an Identity Question

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Zenwalk 6.2; Mandriva 2010 an Identity Question
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 03:42:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mini-Review: Zenwalk 6.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I looked at Zenwalk 6.0 back in June and
| Zenwalk 6.2 is now out.  Iâm going to do a
| mini-review just comparing 6.0 to 6.2 to see
| what has changed.  This may end up being very
| short if itâs mostly the same.  One difference
| right away is that itâs using ext4 instead of
| XFS.  The install was basically the same.
|
| [...]
|
| So, what do I think about Zenwalk 6.2?
| Basically, as the version number indicates,
| itâs an incremental update on Zenwalk 6.0.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2010/01/26/mini-review-zenwalk-6-2/

Mandriva 2010 issue of Linux Identity

,----[ Quote ]
| For those wondering, working on magazine
| content takes a lot longer than writing a
| blog, but is rewarding and worth while to me,
| as I want to support the community, which I
| feel involves all, including beginners that
| like to buy magazines with DVDs attached. :) I
| tried to cover things like installing
| Mandriva, setting up dual boot ( Transfug
| drake does need some improvement ),
| personalization of the desktop, multi users
| including parental controls and installing new
| applications.
`----

http://blog.linuxbox.co.nz/2010/01/for-latest-2010-release-i-spent-quite.html

Recent:

Mandriva opts for the green solution with packaging for the Mandriva Linux 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva, Europe's leading Linux publisher,
| offers clients recyclable, environmentally-
| friendly packaging for its latest
| distribution: Mandriva linux 2010.
|
| At a time when bringing in sustainable
| development policies is imperative for
| business, Mandriva has gone for entirely
| recyclable packaging for its latest
| distribution to meet customer wishes.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-opts-for-the-green-solution-with-packaging-for-the-mandriva-linux-2010

Review: Zenwalk 6.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusions:  This is hands-down one of the
| most user-friendly distributions I've tried.
| This long-term test drive had a few relatively
| minor bugs, and they were far outweighed by
| Zenwalk's overall friendliness and ease of use.
| The distro is bright and well-designed, and is
| backed by strong documentation and a newby-
| friendly community.  In my installation it had
| a very high âjust workedâ factor, although
| obviously individual results may vary for other
| users and machines.   If XFCE isn't your cup of
| tea, Zenwalk is also available in a GNOME
| version.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/review_zenwalk_62/

Zenwalk Core 6.2 is ready