[News] Firefox Gets Lighter, What Mozilla Can Inherit from Google

  • Subject: [News] Firefox Gets Lighter, What Mozilla Can Inherit from Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:18:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

spring cleaning for firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not quite Spring yet, but with the
| release of Firefox 3.6, now would be a
| great time to give your browser a good
| cleaning.
|
| First, make sure you're on the latest
| Firefox. In the Help menu, select Check for
| updates... and apply any updates offered.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2010/01/spring_cleaning_for.html

5 things Firefox needs to copy from Google Chrome.

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.6 was released late last week
| with which came some notable improvements
| and features like Personas and support for
| HTML5. I also noticed some improvement in
| speed and the overall feel of the browser.
| However, comparing Firefox to  Google
| Chrome, I still think there are some things
| Firefox would do well implementing in their
| next release.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/01/5-things-firefox-needs-to-copy-from.html

Google's latest Chrome: faster and with "most requested" new features

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released a new Windows version
| of its Chrome browser with what it says are
| two of the most requested enhancements:
| extensions and bookmark sync, and a
| significant performance boost.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30725&Itemid=53

Recent:

Firefox, Opera downloads surge after IE security scare

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/enterprise/firefox-opera-downloads-surge-after-ie-security-scare-20100121-mnez.html