[News] GNOME Desktop Sets Goals, Adds SFLC Guy

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Desktop Sets Goals, Adds SFLC Guy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 04:57:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What should the GNOME Foundation accomplish in 2010?

http://www.stormyscorner.com/2010/01/what-should-the-gnome-foundation-accomplish-in-2010.html

Checking in on the GNOME Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| In that first run-up we basically had a
| couple of the usual chuckleheads waging war
| against a flimsly constructed straw man in
| hopes of discrediting RMS/FSF/Free Software
| with a secondary effect of promoting âOpen
| Sourceâ as the preferred term (and a
| tertiary effect of embarassing themselves).
| The usual tactics from the usual suspects.
|
| Today, I saw that Bradley M. Kuhn is now a
| member of the GNOME Foundation. GNOME is in
| desperate need of people who understand and
| respect the Free Software ethos, so this is
| welcome news indeed.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/01/checking-in-on-the-gnome-foundation/

Gnome 3 Usability Hackfest

,----[ Quote ]
| As the GNOME 3.0 approaches, the GNOME
| Community is going to hold a Usability
| Hackfest in London from feb 22-26. Those
| who are not aware about the usability
| project, it aims to make GNOME appearance
| more efficient and pleasant to the users.
| In this hackfest, they are planning to work
| and improve the design and usability of
| some new GNOME 3.0 components.
`----

http://linuxers.org/article/gnome-3-usability-hackfest

Recent:

GNOME Revamps and Renews Outreach Program for Women

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gnome-revamps-and-renews-outreach-program-for-women