[News] Gentoo Makes Case Study/Interview Out of Musical Instruments Running GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Gentoo Makes Case Study/Interview Out of Musical Instruments Running GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:07:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gentoo on the Misa Digital Guitar

,----[ Quote ]
| Gentoo has turned up in lots of interesting
| places before, but Michael from Misa Digital
| has put Gentoo to work in something entirely
| different: a unique instrument he invented, a
| MIDI guitar that uses a touchpad and digital
| keys instead of strings!
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20100125-misa-guitar-interview.xml

Recent:

Gentoo Prefix: ARM hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| It is no surprise that Gentoo Prefix works fine on arm-linux given the great work being
| done in Gentoo Linux by the ARM team
| (armin76, maekke, et al).
`----

http://blog.jolexa.net/2010/01/18/gentoo-prefix-arm-hardware/

Those about to rock, we encourage you to recompile your Linux kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| This crazy guitar is actually an open
| source MIDI system using a sexy touchscreen
| with multi-touch and reactive fretboard.
| The result? Letâs just say while you
| probably wonât get much cherry pie playing
| this thing, the guys at Information Society
| will definitely invite you into their
| trailer at the Iowa State Fair this year.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/01/19/those-about-to-rock-we-encourage-you-to-recompile-your-linux-kernel/

Misa Digital Guitar has âgot no stringsâ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20100118/misa-digital-guitar-strings/