[News] The Anticipated Tablet is Finally Here, Running Linux

  • Subject: [News] The Anticipated Tablet is Finally Here, Running Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:21:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Archos 7-Inch Tablet Leaked, Features Webcam

,----[ Quote ]
| We didn't anticipate running a tablet story on
| the site today being everyone we know will be
| watching the Apple event later today.
| Nonetheless, we have a new Android-based
| tablet to start following. Following on the
| heels of their 5-inch tablet, Archos has a 7-
| inch model with a front-facing webcam on the
| way.
|
| Rumored to go on sale in March for Â149.99
| ($242 US), it will offer the same 8GB onboard
| memory found in the previous model.  The 7-
| inch LCD screen has a resolution of  800 x 480
| pixels, putting it (obviously) 2 inches larger
| than their first device.   The software
| appears to be getting a slight tweak  as well,
| with support for song lyrics
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/01/27/archos-7inch-tablet-leaked-features-webcam/

Recent:

Asus choosing between Chrome and Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus has prototype Android and Chrome OS
| smartbooks in its labs and is currently
| deciding whether to release an ARM-based
| device alongside its Intel-based Eee PC
| netbooks, the company's chairman has told
| ZDNet UK.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-384188.html

Android tablet runs on Cortex-A9 SoC