[News] Bacula Passes 1,000,000 Downloads, Solaris Express Community Edition Loses to Linux

  • Subject: [News] Bacula Passes 1,000,000 Downloads, Solaris Express Community Edition Loses to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:24:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bacula Surpasses One Million Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| Bacula Systems SA today celebrated a year of
| impressive growth as its Open Source
| enterprise backup solution passed the one
| million download milestone, driven by a
| maturing portfolio of Bacula backup products
| and growing enterprise adoption of open source
| software. This event marks a highly successful
| year in which Bacula Systems has made
| significant gains in its customer base and
| built excellent partner momentum globally.
`----

http://www.baculasystems.com/eng/About-us/Recent-news/Bacula-Surpasses-1-Million-Downloads

Farewell To Solaris Express Community Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in August we shared that Sun would be
| discontinuing SXCE, or formally known as
| Solaris Express Community Edition. Solaris
| Express Community Edition for the past five
| years has served as Sun's delivery mechanism
| for the latest and greatest Solaris code that
| will eventually make it into the next Solaris
| stable release, but earlier this month Sun
| Microsystems put out their last bi-weekly
| build of SXCE and as of the end of this week
| all downloads will cease.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=sun_sxce_farewell&num=1

Recent:

New Enterprise Edition of Bacula backup software released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/New-Enterprise-Edition-of-Bacula-backup-software-released--/news/113710