[News] KDE Makes New Announcements, Appearances

  • Subject: [News] KDE Makes New Announcements, Appearances
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:22:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bringing Groupware to KDE - Akonadi resources for Open-Xchange and Groupdav

,----[ Quote ]
| Akonadi is the central point of accessing
| PIM data for all KDE applications. It
| abstracts all the different implementation
| details of various sources so that the mail
| program or calendar application does not
| need to know the details of how to access
| the sources itself. However, Akonadi does
| need these details, which is where its
| resources come into play.
`----

http://blog.credativ.com/2010/01/bringing-groupware-to-kde-akonadi-resources-for-open-xchange-and-groupdav/

Camp KDE 2010 Wrapup

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, the KDE Community had their
| yearly Americas event, this year in sunny
| San Diego. Despite California not living up
| to its sunny reputation, the attendees
| certainly had a good time. The first three
| days featured talks about a variety of
| topics (day 1, day 2 and day 3), there were
| CMake and Qt development courses and of
| course several small meetings and work to
| be done. However there was more than
| sitting in the conference room at UCSD. We
| had a great time at Banana Bungalows on the
| beach, went out for a variety of food, had
| a few dragons and babies visit us and
| risked our lives getting to and from the
| university. Read on for some general
| impressions on the event, and for some
| motivation to attend Camp KDE 2011 next
| January, at a location still to be
| determined.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/01/25/camp-kde-2010-wrapup

KDE to Appear at SCALE 8x

,----[ Quote ]
| The booth will need to be staffed from
| 9am-6pm. The great news is that you will
| get into SCALE for free, and because you
| will not need to be at the booth the whole
| show, you can take time to check out the
| talks or visit other booths.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/01/28/kde-appear-scale-8x

New Qt Training Courses, KD Tools 2.2 Released, Steven Kelly Interviewe

,----[ Quote ]
| KDAB, the Qt Experts have issued a new
| release of the Qt Addon collection KD
| Tools. This release goes along with a
| significant extension of KDAB's training
| course offering, now including in-depth
| trainings and more advanced topics. KDAB
| developer Stephen Kelly has been interview
| after he won the Qt Contribution Award. He,
| and all other KDAB developers are now Qt
| certified.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-01-29-011-35-PR-DV

Recent:

KDE Software Compilation 4.3.5 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE Community Ships Fifth Translation and
| Service Release of the 4.3 Free Desktop,
| Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance
| Improvements and Translation Updates
|
| January 26th, 2010. Today, KDE has
| released a new version of the KDE Software
| Compilation (KDE SC). This month's edition
| of KDE SC is a bugfix and translation
| update to KDE SC 4.3. KDE SC 4.3.5 is a
| recommended upgrade for everyone running
| KDE SC 4.3.4 or earlier versions. As the
| release only contains bugfixes and
| translation updates, it will be a safe and
| pleasant update for everyone. Users around
| the world will appreciate that KDE SC
| 4.3.5 is more completely translated. KDE 4
| is already translated into more than 50
| languages, with more to come.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.3.5.php