[News] Michael Dell to Make Linux Netpad, Android/Linux Gaining Multi-touch

  • Subject: [News] Michael Dell to Make Linux Netpad, Android/Linux Gaining Multi-touch
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:58:15 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Michael Dell shows off the Mini 5, confirms US arrival?

,----[ Quote ]
| To recap, the Mini 5 is a 1GHz Snapdragon-
| powered netpad (did I just coin a phrase?)
| running Android 1.6 with 5 megapixel camera,
| Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 3G mobile. It should be
| selling for $1,098 before carrier subsidy.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/01/28/michael-dell-shows-off-the-mini-5-confirms-us-arrival/

Android angling toward multi-touch

,----[ Quote ]
| Cypress Semiconductor announced a touchscreen
| device driver for Android and Linux that
| supports Cypress' TrueTouch touchscreen
| controllers, complete with "all-points" multi-
| touch signaling support. Meanwhile, "Cyanogen"
| has hacked a multi-touch interface for
| Google's Nexus One phone, and Google is
| upgrading the Android-based phone's spotty 3G
| support, says eWEEK.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Cypress-TrueTouch-for-Android-and-Nexus-One-hacks/?kc=rss

Recent:

Dell Mini 5 teardown shows 1GHz Snapdragon

,----[ Quote ]
| Otherwise, the 5-inch tablet will have multi-
| touch compatibility and a customized version
| of the Android 1.6 operating system. The
| device will be available in a few colors,
| including pink, black and red. It is also
| known the Mini 5 will have a 5-megapixel
| camera, and there is the possibility of a
| secondary, front-facing camera, though this is
| not confirmed.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/01/18/mini.5.internals.reveal.1ghz.snapdragon.more/

Dell Mini 5: Diving Deeper Into Linux