[News] Nuxeo Studio is Introduced, Introduction to Patent Trap in Devices

  • Subject: [News] Nuxeo Studio is Introduced, Introduction to Patent Trap in Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 03:17:45 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source ECM Leader Nuxeo Introduces Nuxeo Studio to
Connect Subscription Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| Nuxeo, the Open Source Enterprise Content
| Management (ECM) company, announced today
| that it has enriched the value of its Nuxeo
| Connect support and maintenance offering
| with the introduction of Nuxeo Studio.
`----

http://www.nuxeo.com/en/about/news/nuxeo-introduces-studio

A nuts and bolts engineering approach to using open source IP

,----[ Quote ]
| In the world of product development, time-to-
| market keeps shrinking and demand for better
| quality keeps growing. Open Source, which is
| often thought to be the definitive solution to
| meet both objectives - faster development
| cycle and better quality, is on the mind of
| many OEMs and product companies.
|
| In reality, the companies find it difficult to
| overcome the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)
| to make a final decision and say, "Yes, we
| will use open source in our product."
|
| In the product development process, at the one
| end are the engineering people - developers,
| architects, engineering managers - who are
| aware of open source and its benefits, but
| lack the power to take decisions. At the other
| end, are the management and the legal people,
| who can take decisions, but may not have
| sufficient ground-up information. How do we
| bridge this gap? How can the engineering team
| convince the management to boldly embrace open
| source?
`----

http://www.embedded.com/design/222500019

Recent:

Nuxeo Enters Open Source Digital Asset Management Market

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-cms/nuxeo-enters-open-source-digital-asset-management-market-006195.php