[News] [Rival] Apple Disrespects Intellectual Monopolies

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Disrespects Intellectual Monopolies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:45:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Apple iPad Has a Little Trademark iProblem

http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/news/article.php/3861471

Will Apple Contest Fujitsu's Right to 'iPad'?

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/bentley/will-apple-contest-fujitsus-right-to-ipad/?cs=39067

Fujitsu: 'iPad? That's ours'

In addition to ignoring support for Adobe Flash, multitasking, and a few other niceties in its new iPad, Apple seems to have ignored one other important detail: it doesn't own the name "iPad." Fujitsu says it does.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/29/fujitsu_ipad/

Recent:

Compiz, Patents, and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| No, this isnât about the stupid max_waves
| conflict with Appleâs patent that everyone
| has been ranting (and working around) for
| the last few years. From what I hear the
| future 0.9.0 release wonât be hampered by
| it, but how does Compiz fare with patents?
| Who made Compiz, and whoâs working on it
| today?
`----

http://santiance.com/2010/01/compiz-patents-and-ubuntu/

Patents biggest threat to free software