[News] Items Running GNU/Linux Not Necessarily Labelled Anymore

  • Subject: [News] Items Running GNU/Linux Not Necessarily Labelled Anymore
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:48:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

When is it worth saying it's Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| At the recent Consumer Electronics Show
| there was a flood of netbooks and Android
| based devices about to be launched into the
| market. The folks at the Linux Foundation
| couldn't be more pleased about the
| incursion of Linux into this new generation
| of portable connected devices, but the
| software that appears on these devices
| often doesn't look or feel like "Linux".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/When-is-it-worth-saying-it-s-Linux-917518.html

Is the iPad good for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| After the iPad successfully lowers resistance
| to non-Windows computing devices, Linux will
| have a much better chance of competing in the
| mobile computing market and, eventually, on
| the desktop.
`----

http://soltesza.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/is-the-ipad-good-for-linux/

Big iPhone... useless for almost everything.

Apple iPad: Will it run Second Life?

,----[ Quote ]
| As a Second Life enthusiast, I really want
| the iPad to run Second Life. There's no
| reason why it shouldn't. As my friend Wagner
| James Au points out on the blog New World
| Notes, the iPhone already has a couple of
| rich, text-only Second Life clients, and the
| iPad now has the horsepower and screen size
| to support Second Life graphics.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15496/ipad_second_life

Related:

IPhone Contract Is Long and Legally Murky

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.wired.com/gadgets/wireless/news/2007/07/iphone_contract