[News] Leapfrog Didj Another Device Running Linux

  • Subject: [News] Leapfrog Didj Another Device Running Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:04:06 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Leapfrog Didj: Handheld Linux on the Cheap

,----[ Quote ]
| Today our good friends over at Woot! are
| selling the Leapfrog Didj, a low cost
| educational toy aimed at little kids. Lucky
| for hackers out there, the Didj is actually a
| linux device, and gaining serial console
| access is as easy as soldering two wires. The
| documentation out there is a little outdated,
| with a number of broken links and stale
| wikis, but $25 for a portable linux device is
| a hard deal to beat. A list of sites which
| might be helpful are listed after the break,
| as well as the hardware specs of the Didj.
`----

http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/leapfrog-didj-handheld-linux-on-the-cheap/

Pico Projectors: Pocket-Size Powerhouses for Business or Fun

,----[ Quote ]
| These diminutive projectors can fit in the
| palm of your hand, yet they're powerful
| enough to use for small-group business
| presentations.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/187672/pico_projectors.html?tk=rss_news

Possibly runs Linux like many of these projectors.

Recent:

Favi debuts RIOLED-Q and RIOLED-V wireless pico projectors

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on Linux, users can run a number of
| programs including YouTube, Flickr, e-mail
| clients, web browsers and more. Itâs being
| touted as a netbook/projector. Thereâs also a
| USB port, A/V output, a SM/MMC card reader and
| internal memory (though its not clear how
| much).
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=11022

âBusiness Classâ Favi Pico-Projectors Run Small, Have Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The RIOLED-V is actually a netbook slash
| projector, featuring Linux, web apps (YouTube,
| Flickr and a few other ubiquitous ones like
| weather and email were mentioned) and Wi-Fi.
| It kind of reminded me of that MSI projector
| PC the CES guys spotted out in Vegas this
| week, albeit a smaller, half-baked version
| that did not look anything like a small space
| ship with 1080p.
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/01/business-class-favi-pico-projectors-run-small-have-linux-will-travel/

Last year: