[News] GNU/Linux a Little Bit "Too" Easy

Linux made me feel dumb.

,----[ Quote ]
| It's true. Linux made me feel dumb. It is
| not a nice feeling to feel dumb yet I did.
| Me, the great Locutus who prides himself on
| his technical wizardry and knowledge of all
| things involving electrons, had to resort
| to calling a help desk to solve a problem.
| The solution of which produced a Homer
| Simpson style DOH! and the aforementioned
| dumb feeling.
|
| It happened like this. Recently our online
| banking authentication procedures changed.
| For the better I might add. While these
| security measures are far more secure they
| also prevented me from accessing our joint
| bank account whenever I wished. The end
| result was that I didn't check the account
| status often enough and an automatic
| payment didn't go through. Enough was
| enough I shouted out the window at two
| o'clock in the morning. After dodging a few
| smelly shoes and empty beer bottles I
| decided to set up my wifes phone to enable
| it to use the new security measures.
|
| [...]
|
| Thank you Linux for making me feel dumb.
| Thank you Linux for making me forget about
| that rebooting thing. Thank you Linux for
| being such a wonderful operating system
| even though you have your quirks and
| foibles. Next time I will try and remember
| to reboot after making configuration
| changes on anything that does not run
| Linux.
`----

http://www.locutus.us/linux_made_me_feel_dumb

Linux Adaptation - The Backdoor Method

,----[ Quote ]
| "Him and that tall guy are brothers and
| they work in Asset Development here.  We
| had a meeting Monday and I noticed that
| both of them were using Linux on their
| laptops.  He was showing me how easy it
| was."
|
| I just smiled to myself and told him he
| needed to bring more of the female staff on
| the next boys night out.  He said he would.
|
| Sometimes the direct sell method isn't the
| best way to close the deal.
|
| How do you think the whole "play hard to
| get" thing got traction throughout the
| years?
|
| That method is successful in any number of
| applications.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/message-to-helios-project-bring-it.html

Recent:

Linux for grandma & grandpa

,----[ Quote ]
| And thinking of practical, once Grandpa has a
| Linux desktop, you'll be able to spend your
| weekend with him watching football instead of
| updating his AVG or cleaning out malware. I
| don't know about you, but I know which way I
| prefer to spend my weekends!
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15040/linux_for_grandma_grandpa

Related: