[News] GNU/Linux Success in Servers Spreads to Air Force

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Success in Servers Spreads to Air Force
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:43:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

London Stock Exchange Linux switchover set for September

,----[ Quote ]
| The London Stock Exchange will switch on the
| first module of its Linux and Unix-based
| trading platform in September, replacing
| existing Microsoft .Net architecture.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/networking/messaging/news/index.cfm?newsid=18641

Air Force Taps Big Blue for Cloud Project

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM will be required to meet security
| standards established by the government's
| Information Assurance guidelines for all
| networks. The Air Force says its network
| manages the operations of nine major
| commands, almost 100 bases and 700,000
| active military personnel worldwide.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3863001

The extremes of Linux market share

,----[ Quote ]
| 1.02%? No way!
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/02/extremes-of-linux-market-share.html

M-stone.

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the Statistics page on the
| wiki, last week we passed 1 million IP
| checkins for Fedora 12 systems!  This is
| roughly on par with where Fedora 11 was at
| the same time after its release, although
| itâs hard to discern the actual number of
| installations worldwide.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2995

Recent:

The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6922/1/