[News] Review of Linux Mint 8 (Helena) at Linux Planet

  • Subject: [News] Review of Linux Mint 8 (Helena) at Linux Planet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:03:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fresh Version of Linux Mint Offers Tweaks and Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint 8 (Helena) is based on Ubuntu 9.10
| and delivers all the basic capabilities you
| would expect in an Ubuntu distribution.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6973/1/

Recent:

Linux Mint 8 Helena Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is indeed a very nice
| distribution, a very stable one. It really
| just works out of the box and is perfect
| for people who donât want to mess with
| their computer to make it work or for
| people who donât like to customize it a
| lot. The menu and mint updater can be
| annoying, at least for me, but it does
| what it promises and looking sexy while at
| it. I perceive a very positive response
| from people about the distro and I feel it
| may actually become the most popular home Linux distro one day, which would only show
| that small communities with good ideas and
| dedication can yield a better product than
| sponsored or corporative distributions.
`----

http://distrocheck.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/linux-mint-8-helena-review/

Linux Mint 8 is Perfect for me

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last 12 yrs that Iâve been using
| Linux never has a distribution impressed me
| this good. I keep Linux Mint 8 is Perfect for
| meexperimenting with distributions when they
| are released. From Mandrake to Mandriva,
| Redhat to Fedora, SuSE to openSUSE and even
| Debian to Ubuntuâ I thought I had seen it
| all. All the time I kept coming back to SuSE,
| but this time it seems different. I tried
| Linux Mint and I guess I will be sticking to
| it for long.
`----

http://techwoo.com/linux-mint-8-is-perfect-for-me/

The wonder of Linux Mint - non birdy

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally got my new ebay-bought laptop up and
| running after a multitude of problems, and
| I'd like to say a few words to my fellow
| nerdy sorts, and any of those who dabble in
| other operating systems.
`----

http://featheredupstart.blogspot.com/2010/01/wonder-of-linux-mint-non-birdy.html

Linux Mint 8 (Helena) KDE Community Edition Release Candidate

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014924o-2000498448b,00.htm