[News] GNOME Desktop Version 3 Impresses and KDE "System Settings" Dissected

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Desktop Version 3 Impresses and KDE "System Settings" Dissected
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 02:13:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gnome-Shell, I changed my mind

,----[ Quote ]
| What is nice about the gnome-shell concept,
| is the use of virtual desktops, I know they
| have always been there, but it makes it a
| natural intuitive task. Switching
| applications from one desktop to the other
| is a pleasure, that makes it easy to
| configure your desktops the way you want it
| quickly...
`----

http://distrocheck.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/gnome-shell-i-changed-my-mind/

A fresher Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Gnome 3.0 promises to give Linux the desktop
| polish it needs.
|
| It's been a long time in the coming but this
| year Linux will get a makeover, thanks to
| the Gnome project. In September the Gnome
| team, makers of one of the most popular
| desktop interfaces for Linux, will release
| version 3.0 of their desktop environment and
| they are promising "big user-visible
| changes".
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/11391.html

The KDE 4.3 System Settings - Part 3 - Computer Administration

http://www.raiden.net/articles/the_kde_43_system_settings_-_part_3_-_computer_administration/

Recent:

Gnome 3 Usability Hackfest

,----[ Quote ]
| As the GNOME 3.0 approaches, the GNOME
| Community is going to hold a Usability
| Hackfest in London from feb 22-26. Those
| who are not aware about the usability
| project, it aims to make GNOME appearance
| more efficient and pleasant to the users.
| In this hackfest, they are planning to work
| and improve the design and usability of
| some new GNOME 3.0 components.
`----

http://linuxers.org/article/gnome-3-usability-hackfest

GNOME Revamps and Renews Outreach Program for Women

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gnome-revamps-and-renews-outreach-program-for-women