[News] Free Information Online Collaborated on, Increasingly Accepted

  • Subject: [News] Free Information Online Collaborated on, Increasingly Accepted
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 03:05:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Brazil 2.0: Journalists Go Online to Open Government Records

,----[ Quote ]
| Veridiana Sedeh and Jose Roberto de Toledo
| spoke with me from ABRAJIâs headquarters in
| Sao Paolo. During our conversations,
| Veridiana and Jose Roberto emphasized the
| importance of creating a public memory
| through smart journalism informed by access
| to government record-keeping. I met
| Veridiana through her work as a peer
| reviewer on the upcoming Global Integrity
| Report: 2009, and that led me to ABRAJI.
`----

http://commons.globalintegrity.org/2010/02/brazil-20-journalists-go-online-to-open.html

Britain Loves Wikipedia - And About Time, Too

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the important roles of museums and
| galleries is education: helping the public
| to discover and explore the masterworks in
| their collections. So you would have thought
| that they would be only to happy to have
| images of those works exposed in the
| greatest online gallery of them all,
| Wikipedia. And yet there has been a certain
| resistance to this in some quarters, thanks
| - of course - to a crazy obsession with
| "copyright".
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/02/britain-loves-wikipedia-and-about-time.html

Vote now to stop government regulation of .uk

,----[ Quote ]
| Nominet is canvassing support for a crucial
| Net governance vote that it says will help
| prevent government regulation of Britainâs
| dot-uk registry.
`----

http://kierenmccarthy.com/2010/02/02/vote-now-to-stop-government-regulation-of-uk/

Recent:

Wikipedia Citations in Patents Up 59 Percent

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/2010/01/wikipedia-citations-in-patents-up-59-percent.html