[News] Free Software Can Make up for NASA, Microsoft Exploits NASA to Break the Internet (Again)

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Can Make up for NASA, Microsoft Exploits NASA to Break the Internet (Again)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:51:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

NASA + Wikipedia = OpenLuna

,----[ Quote ]
| "Space: the final frontier." The folks at the
| OpenLuna project take that line to heart.
| OpenLuna is an open source, wiki-based attempt
| to design a leaner, meaner, public driven moon
| mission. As with any open source project, they
| encourage everyone to participate. When they
| run into questions, problems and challenges,
| they pose them to the crowd and invite people
| from every field to weigh in.
`----

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/loophole/archive/2010/02/nasa.shtml

What is OpenLuna?

http://www.openluna.org/

Is Microsoft exploiting taxpayers to spread Silver Lie again see links at the bottom)?

NASA Partners With Microsoft for Student Web Design Competition

,----[ Quote ]
| In partnership with the Texas Business and Education
| Coalition, the state of Texas and Microsoft, NASA is
| pleased to invite Texas high school students to participate
| in the bliink Web design competition.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nasa-partners-with-microsoft-for-student-web-design-competition-83583092.html

Rules

,----[ Quote ]
| Bliink is a Web design contest (âContestâ) for students that
| encourages them to dream big and to express their ideas while
| building their technology skills. Student participants will design
| and develop a Web site using Microsoft Expression suite of
| software tools.
`----

http://www.bliinkcontest.com/rules.aspx

Microsoft is still exploiting and preying on NASA.

Recent:

NASA maps Mars with web games

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/18/nasa_microsoft_beamartian/

NASA, Microsoft take Web surfers to Mars

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g4bLGIVH2EWrfDeUsZE71gd9PGvA

Recent:

Interview: The Space Station's IT guys

,----[ Quote ]